這是美國CBS 60 Minutes 主持人 Andy Rooney 對 40歲以上 的女人的看法 :

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all.
隨著年齡增長 , 我越來越珍惜 40歲以上的女人

Here are just a few reasons why:
為什麼呢 ?

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask,
40歲以上的女人不會在半夜把你吵醒 , 然後問你:

"What are you thinking?"
你在想什麼?

She doesn't care what you think.
她才不在乎你在想什麼。

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game,
40歲以上的女人如果不想看球賽

she doesn't sit around whining about it.
她不會坐在你旁邊抱怨東抱怨西

She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.
她會去做她想做的、更有趣的事情

Women over 40 are dignified.
40歲以上的女人穩重自持

They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera
不會在歌劇院或高級餐廳裡

or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.
跟你大呼小叫

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you
當然,如果你罪有應得,她們也可能神不知鬼不覺地

if they think they can get away with it.
一槍把你給斃了。

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved.
熟女不吝於讚美 (不管是不是實至名歸)

They know what it's like to be unappreciated.
因為她們親身體驗過被忽略的滋味

Women get psychic as they age.
女人越老越通靈

You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
你永遠不需要向40歲以上的女人懺悔

Once you get past a wrinkle or two,
只要能夠對皺紋視而不見

a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
40 歲以上的女人遠比年輕美眉性感

Older women are forthright and honest.
熟女直接又誠實

They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one.
如果你是蠢蛋 她們會馬上叫你滾蛋

You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
你完全不需要傷腦筋揣摩她的心意

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons.
40歲以上的女人有很多優點

Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal.
40 歲以上的男人呢 ?

For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40,
相對於每一個性感、迷人的40 歲以上的女人

there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants
就有一個禿頭凸肚的熟男

making a fool of himself with some 20-year old waitress.
厚臉皮地跟小他20歲的美眉調情

Ladies, I apologize.
女士們,請容許我在這兒

For all those men who say,
幫妳們說句公道話:

"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?",
那些說只想喝免費的牛奶而不願買頭母牛回家的男人

here's an update for you.
實在是太搞不清楚狀況了

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage.
今天有80%的女人寧願不結婚

Why?
為什麼呢?

Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig
因為她們終於發現不需要為了一根香腸

just to get a little sausage!
買回整隻豬


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

看完這篇文章我在電腦前發呆幾分鐘後慧心一笑,不外乎對於美式幽默再次讚賞之外,

對於他所提到女人40這回事感到心有戚戚焉!  

女人隨著年紀增長如同釀酒般香陳,女孩們打扮艷麗濃妝希望可以向姊姊們看齊,

藉由成熟韻味滿點的套裝與跟鞋宣示自己成熟十足。

對於已成熟的女人,逐漸慢慢選擇性淡忘自己蛋糕上的蠟燭數字時,

心裡是不是OS著年輕可愛的歲月不再。



女孩們其實看見的是姊姊們的自信氣質是如此的亮麗與誘人,

多麼希望舉手頭足之間都能像姊姊依樣動人;

女人們看見了年少活潑多變、單純的自己,

害怕自己沒有辦法再像從前依樣與姊妹們通宵熬夜談男生的蠢事、

對著心愛的事物瘋狂的著迷,這一切的一切彷彿就像昨夜般的清晰可見,

但是卻不再炙熱......。

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    rescuer 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()